Monday, June 8, 2009

The Main Thing

When multimillionaire financier J.P. Morgan died in 1913, he left a will that contained 10,000 words and thirty seven articles. During his lifetime, Morgan made countless financial transactions, some of which impacted the economic equilibrium of the entire world. Yet in Article 1 of his will, he wrote about the one transaction he considered supreme above all others:


    "I commit my soul into the hands of my Saviour, in full confidence that having redeemed it and washed it in His most precious blood He will present it faultless before the throne of my heavenly Father; and I entreat my children to maintain and defend, at all hazard, and at any cost of personal sacrifice, the blessed doctrine of the complete atonement for sin through the blood of Jesus Christ, once offered, and through that alone."


Although one of the most significant men in history, Morgan had the right priorities - the right purpose. So as you begin your week today, I challenge you to be busy about the right things, for the right purpose, and you will get the right results! Remember to keep the MAIN THING the MAIN THING!

No comments:

Post a Comment